Additional information for members of the media
- Risk-taking - personal and organizational
- Intelligent risk-taking
- Performance improvement through risk-taking for individuals and organizations
- Moving from minimizing risk to utilizing risk
- Author - The Power of Risk, How Intelligent Choices Will Make You More Successful, A Step-by-Step Guide (Maxwell Press)
- Author -Business Lessons from the Edge, Learn How Extreme Athletes Use Intelligent Risk Taking to Succeed in Business (McGraw-Hill)
- Chief Operating Officer - former COO of the fifth largest architectural firm in the United States
- World Class Skydiver - 2,900 skydives and five skydiving World Records
- North Pole Skydiver - member of a successful North Pole Skydiving expedition
- Awards - U.S. Department of Energy Exceptional Service medal
- MBA - University of California, Irvine
- Engineering Degree - University of Southern California
Questions Jim is commonly asked about RQ and risk inclination
- Based on your research, what kind of risks are people most and least inclined to take?
- Isn't taking risks dangerous and something we should avoid?
- Doesn't taking risks work against us?
- Why do we take fewer risks than we should?
- Are younger or older people more risk inclined?
- Are men or women more risk inclined?
- Why are some people better at taking risks than others?
- How important is fear management in the risk-taking process?
- What is the difference between a valid fear and an invalid fear?
RQ - Risk Quotient
- What is a RQ - Risk Quotient?
- How does someone determine their RQ?
- What are the nine different types of risks that compose a person's RQ?
- What is the average RQ?
- How do people's perception of their risk inclination compare to their actual RQ?
- Does a person's RQ change?
- Based on your research, for type of risk does risk inclination vary the most?
- What is the Gift of Mortality?
- What is a POSEM - Possibility of Success Enhancement Measure?
- What is the Strength/Weakness Paradox?
Business and Innovation
- Why are some companies better at taking risks than others?
- Isn't risk-taking the reason companies fail?
- Why should a company encourage its employees to take risks?
- What can a company do to become better at taking risks and increase innovation?
office 970.577.8700 (U.S. Mountain Time Zone)
©2009 Jim McCormick